Friday, December 19, 2008

IT's a Pretty shade of Blue....

The GREAT flood of 2008 occurred on October 24th. Brian and I had gone over to Susie's house about 8 am to finish up our cleaning and moving the last things out of her house. We had to be there for the Salvation Army pickup truck that was given my dining room table and 6 chairs. The Stanley Steamer Carpet Cleaners were going to be there also. As all progressed nicely at Susie's house, our new house was being flooded with 9,000 gallons of water from a malfunctioning washing machine. My words before Brian and I left that morning were, "I've only one load of clothes to do and I'm going to throw them in before we leave." I did. The washing machine failed to shut off and water ran over the top of the machine from approximately 8 am to a little after 2 pm. When we got home Brian said to me..."Well we lost the floor!" I thought that he meant that one of the dogs had pee'd on the floor and that was his way of telling me that I had something to clean. I had NO clue what I was about to see when I entered the house through the garage! 2 inches of water everywhere that I looked! Our brand new wood flooring was ruined. The cleanup began.........and it seems to have lasted for a very very long time.

Brian painted the living room wall. I painted the small family room off of the living room. We still have baseboards and more painting to do. We are now going to deposit the check from the insurance company and begin the flooring repair project. I can't wait to have a new tile floor throughout the house (except the bedrooms).

1 comment:

Mandy and Alex said...

That's a really nice color of blue. I bet it looks great now that its finished.