Saturday, December 27, 2008

Interesting things to mention....

In a previous blog I wrote about purchasing a couple of books and a calendar. Well I just had to mention that I started reading both of them! I know that sounds crazy but one book is more like a daily almanac (hence the name "Awe-manac") and the other is one of those books that you have to read a little and either roll over and take a nap or get up and think about what you've just read for a little while. (This has always made me think that I don't know what the hell I just read!) Anyway....one of the neatest things in the Awe-manac is these little "Toasts of the Day"

I thought that I'd share the Toast of the Day for December 27th

HERE'S TO A SKY SO CLEAR THAT AT NIGHT YOU CAN SEE MORE STARS THAN SKY!

By the way....did you know how much I enjoy the night sky? I have always said that when I die, if it's at all possible, I'm going to zoom around the universe and vist those planets and places that I've dreamed about out there. And when you see a shooting star....think of me! I just might have been the one trying to get your attention to keep looking UP!

I forgot to mention in that previous blog that last night I actually got Brian to purchase a book called Conversations with my Father. It's actually a book that he will sit down and answer the questions about himself (honestly) and about his mom and dad and memories about his life and his family. I have always thought that one day when Brian passes away that Justin might just like to have something of his dad. I remember when Tom and I were married that I suggested that he sit down and write his thoughts on how things worked, his feelings about life in general and even the hard times that we had gone through and were going through. I was so glad to know that he wrote in the journals that I had bought him. And I know in my heart that it wasn't all pretty. And neither are the journals that I keep.
(Something to think about isn't it?)

Well...anyway....The toast of the day for Tomorrow December 28th is:

HERE'S TO A COMFORTABLE CHAIR; A GOOD BOOK, AND A VIEW.

Ahhhhh....my kind of toast!

No comments: