Friday, May 28, 2010

THE DEATH OF A COWORKER....

I'm pissed off today. I just don't understand the world around me any longer.
Yesterday morning, before I left work, one of the dayshift cashiers came into the cage and told me that Gwen Williams had passed away. Gwen was a black girl that I have worked with for YEARS in the cashiers cage. I believe that we worked together for 4 years at Wynn LV, a few years at The Venetian and a few years prior to that at The Rio.
I will remember Gwen as someone who was always hitting the time clock just seconds before being considered by management as late. She was always running in to work, in a hurry to get there and yet once there, she took her time and did her job the right way.
Unfortunately, Gwen's way wasn't the way that other "know it all bitch cashiers" would have liked her to operate. Some even went to the boss and ratted on her with unkind words. They told the boss that she was slow...and that they had to work harder and that it wasn't fair~!! All was said with a whine in their voices.
As you can imagine, I have sooooo little respect for them as I write this blog.
Well...they cant kick Gwen around any longer. As a matter of fact....not one person from Gwen's shift has even said how sorry they were to hear of her passing!! Can you fucking believe this??? A human being lost their life to cancer...and not one of them bowed their heads in shame for making her life at work a living nightmare. I was disgusted when I went online to check out my little farm on Facebook and discovered that not one of them had commented about Gwen's passing!! Even after I had left a message that said that I would miss her.
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for not commenting but they sit on their fat asses and play their stupid fucking games all day without one concern for another human being.
I cant wait to leave this planet! It's becoming populated with androids. People who can't or won't say that they are sorry for the loss of another individuals life!
God what have we become???? I'm totally fucking blown away and mad as hell.
I'd break something if I knew it would make me feel better or change anything but I know it won't.
Gwen....you deserved better then the group of assholes that you worked with. And yes Gwen, you will be missed by at least one person....and that would be ME!

1 comment:

Mandy and Alex said...

I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed away. Will you be attending her funeral?